Sunday, April 5, 2015

no rush.

Finding a internship/job in Haiti is not the easiest thing to do.

Today marks four weeks since my interview for the internship.

A few days ago, I received an e-mail from them saying they are interested in having me help with their after school program. Of course I said I am. So we will see what happens from here.

I also have a chance to apply for a position as a marketing director for a different organization in Haiti. I have a phone interview with them this week. 

And of course, there is the mission trip with my church in July... The sole reason I fell in love with Haiti 7 years ago. The thought of not going with them again kind of makes me sad. 

It feels great having these opportunities pop up but now I'm a little nervous because I want to make sure I pick the right one.

Sometimes, I wonder am I suppose to go so soon? Like this summer? Or after? Or in 6 months? Or a year or 5? These questions have been popping up in my head on the daily. I already have pretty bad anxiety as it is so thinking about all these questions has it high at times. I feel as if I am in a rush but I remind myself everything will fall in place when the time is right.

"In doubts of today, we trust in His tomorrows."

Looking back in my journal, I have been reminded what all the Lord has brought me through. Reminiscing on past struggles helps with trusting in His plans for me.

What calms me down and sets me back in a place of peace is knowing God will show me what step to take, when to take it and where. 

He has led me this far, He won't let me stray into the wrong direction now.

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." - Hebrews 10:36

No comments:

Post a Comment