Wednesday, January 28, 2015

small steps.

"Not everyone wants to go to Haiti and help impoverished kids. If that's something you want to do, that is a God given gift."

Those two sentences are when I knew for a fact I was meant to go and stay in Haiti. 

I will never forget that day. It was a Wednesday night at my church. Prior, during praise and worship, I asked God to reveal to me whether staying in Haiti was something I needed to do.

This country has been on my heart ever since my first trip there. I always felt the need to go back and stay for a longer period of time.

Reality hit me when I realized it's my last semester of college....

Staying in America and working a normal 8am-5pm job, Monday through Friday is absolutely not what I want to do after I graduate. Some may say I'm crazy but I would much rather work all day and night if that means I get to do what I love. I'd endure the constant heat, ice cold showers, non-american food, oversized rodents/bugs, sweating while sleeping, swollen feet, etc.

So it's time to get serious about my dream. I wish I could say right now that I know exactly when I'm going to Haiti and for what... But I don't. That's okay though. I put full trust in God and will figure everything out. Until then, I'll keep researching different organizations and raising money.

"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life."

My first step is to go Spring of 2015. This time, I want to go with a different organization called I'm ME. It's kind of last minute but I believe if this is meant to happen, it will.

If interested in helping me financially, here's the link to donate money and also find out more information about the organization I want to visit.

click here to visit mission trip campaign. *

" Learn to be patient, so that you will please God and be given what He has promised."
- Hebrews 10:36

1 comment:

  1. I think its really great that you feel the need to follow a path that most would be scared to take. I know God will help you in your journey to find exactly what he wants you to do in Haiti. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete