Saturday, March 7, 2015

first move.

"To help me live in the now, I must trust in God for the then."

Yesterday I had my first interview over the phone for an internship this summer in Haiti.

The excitement and nervousness is overwhelming. Words can't explain how ecstatic I am.

For a some time I felt like nothing was happening.... I was at a point where I wasn't sure what move to make next. The waiting process is no fun (especially when you're a pretty impatient person.) I talked to my college pastor about it and he told me to keep pressing into God. Although nothing seems to be happening at the time, He is at work in my life.

Circumstances never change His promises

During this phase, every day, I need to:
Seek..
Trust...
Obey....
Praise..... 
Pursue......
And never lose hope in Him.

After a few weeks, something finally happened. I received a Facebook message about who to e-mail for an internship opportunity. So I did that and the next thing I know I had an interview over the phone a few days later.

I'll find out in about 3ish weeks if I got it or not.... These next few weeks will be. the. longest.

This organization I want to work with is the first one that caught my eye ever since I seriously decided I wanted to go and serve in Haiti. So it is truly a blessing they are considering me.

At this point, all I can do is pray and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out, I know God has something else planned for me. No point in worrying but to have peace and trust Him. God has got me this far, He will certainly not leave me now. He never has and never will. Which is so cool to me.

"Let God's faithfulness free you from the fear of the unknown."

I'm happy to say, my dream is slowly but surely becoming a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment